|Have you ever imagined working for the Edmonton Oilers – attending games and helping give out prizing and being seen on the videoscreen? Well, here is your chance! Don't miss this upcoming opportunity to try out for the Oilers Octane!
The Octane is celebrating its 6th season and we are looking for new members to join our team! As an Octane member, you will interact with more than 16,000 Oilers fans during our Farewell to Rexall Place hockey season. We are looking for professional and enthusiastic women to attend our Casting Call on October 3, at Telus Field (10233 96 Ave) from 5pm – 8pm.
Our team members are extraordinary women who are selected as brand ambassadors for the Edmonton Oilers Hockey team. The Oilers Octane is committed to enhancing the home game experience for Oilers fans and supporting local charities and events within Oil Country.
During the 2015-2016 season, the Octane will actively participate in local Edmonton events, will host away-game parties for our fans and will find new and exciting ways to interact and support various members of our community.
Octane members will take part in Oilers hosted events including Hockey Day in Canada, TV and radio shows in addition to several team-related charity initiatives! They will also be featured in the Octane’s annual Team Calendar!
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, fill out the application and come to the Casting Call! This may be your year!
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, mature and responsible
- Dedicated and reliable
- Positive and energetic
- Physically fit and health conscious
- Committed to taking part in at least 20 home games during the 2015-16 season in addition to community appearances.
- Must be available to attend at least 20 of home games – arrival time at the arena is 2 hours before game time
- Participate in team fitness workouts and team building activities 1-3 times per month
- Participate in a minimum of 1-2 community events or promotions monthly
- Must be 18 years of age by October 15, 2015
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games and appearances
- Must be willing & available to participate in photo shoots & promotional appearances in addition to practices & games
- Be comfortable taking part in interactive contests and showcasing your own individual personality and enthusiasm while interacting with fans of all ages
- If selected, must provide a current police background check by October 15th 2015
- No visible tattoos (you may cover them with make up if you have them), facial piercings or jewelry while in uniform
What do Octane Members do during the games?
- Greet fans entering Rexall before the game, take photos and give away promotional items
- Appear on the video board while assisting with game promotions
- Visit and help escort special guests during the game
- Deliver prizing to contest winners
- Sign autographs and sell their annual calendar
What Should I Bring to Auditions
- Valid Drivers license or passport (for age verification purposes)
- Resume & Cover letter outlining why you would like to be a part of the Octane and what community activities you would like to see our team take part in
- Recent head shot and full body photo – does not have to be professionally taken, just something that currently looks like you that we can use for ID purposes (photos will not be returned)
- Bring a water and a snack
- Any personal items you may want to use for touch ups between activities in auditions (brush, make up etc)
- Be prepared to take part in interactive activities and interviews so that we can get to know you!
If you are selected as an Octane member, you must be available for the following:
- Training Camp – all day Saturday October 10
- Home Opener – October 15 – Full team attendance for this game
- Calendar shoot – all weekend – Oct 24 & 25
- Do I need dance/cheer experience? No, this season there will not be a performance component
- Do I need to know how to skate? No, this season there will not be an on ice skating component
- Is this job only for women? Yes, the Oilers Octane is an all-female squad
- Is there an age requirement? You must be 18 yrs old as of October 15, 2015 – there is no upper age cut off
- How many members are the Octane be taking on? We are looking for 15 members for this year's squad – 8 members will attend each game
- Do I need to be a high school graduate? Yes, we require you to have graduated high school or the equivalent to be eligible
- Will I be paid at games? Yes, you will be paid an hourly rate for games, events and appearances at a rate that is on part with other teams and jobs of this nature
- Will I be paid for promotions? Yes, Octane is compensated for each promo depending on the event
- Is there volunteer opportunities? Yes, Octane participates in volunteer events such as hospital visits, Monday Morning Magic and other non-profit activities throughout the season – this is optional but encouraged!
- Do Octane members often have other part time jobs while being on the team? Yes, we are flexible with your schedule provided that you are able to commit to at least half of the regular season games (there are 41 regular season games in total)
- Will Octane participate in play-off games? If the Oilers make the play offs, the Octane will work at the games as well
- Are there specific weight, height or appearance requirements? There are no specific requirements, but our uniforms are form fitting and we also participate in calendar shoots in form fitting outfits. We also have a physical job at the arena, climbing stairs and making appearances in various locations throughout the game, therefore we expect you to maintain a toned figure and be in top physical condition throughout the year.
- Do Octane members get to meet Edmonton Oilers Staff and Players? No, there is an absolute no fraternization policy with players, coaches, officials and front-office staff.
Please fill out the application form before October 2, 2015 at 4pm