|Now is your chance to become a part of Octane, the professional dance team for the Edmonton Oilers. You will help entertain more than 16,000 Oilers fans in Rexall Place and, in the community, support charities to help make Oil Country an even better place to live, work and play.
What is a promotional Octane member?
- Fun yet mature and responsible
- Dedicated and reliable
- Positive and energetic
- Physically fit to meet the demands of rigorous practice and performance schedules
- Committed to be able to take part in most home games during the 2013-14 season in addition to community appearances
What are the time commitments?
- Must attend 25 home games – arrival time at the arena is 3 hours pre-game
- Practice 1 to 2 times a week plus additional fitness workouts
- Participate in a minimum of 1-2 community events or promotions monthly
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2013
- Cheer/Dance/Gymnastics experience is helpful but not required
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games and appearances
Registration and Practice
- Friday, August 16, 2013
- 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Audition Choreography & Promotional 1st round Interviews - Pique Dance Centre, 10604 105th Ave. Choreography for the audition dance will be taught during this session. All interested dance and promotional members must attend; however, no dance judging will take place. Promotional members will get additional information about the position and be interviewed but they will not be required to learn the dance.
- Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 10:00am - 12:00pm - Promotional Interviews Those promotional member hopefuls who are selected from the day before will take part professional interview with the judges.
- Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 1pm - 4pm Dance Auditions - Pique Dance Centre. All interested dance team members will be required to perform the audition routine in front of the judges. A cut will be made and successful candidates moving forward in the audition process will be notified and will sign up for an interview time on Sunday
- Sunday, August 18, 2013 - Personal Interviews - Edmonton Oilers Head Office (11230 - 110 Street). Those dancers who are selected from the day before will be scheduled for a professional one-on-one interview with the judges. Business attire is required.
- Monday - Wednesday, August 19-21, Team Selections. Finalists for both dance and promotional team members will be notified via telephone whether or not they made the team.
* Note there will be a training camp held on Saturday, August 24th/25th for all members of the Octane at the Sutton Place Hotel & Pique Dance Centre. All members will be required to attend in order to learn more about the Oilers Organization and their specific role, be introduced to the Octane Sponsors and learn new choreography.
What should I wear to the auditions?
- Dance or workout attire
- Dance or running shoes
- Camera-ready hair and make-up
What do I bring to auditions?
- ID - Proof of age
- Water bottle
- Headshot (any recent photograph - does not have to be a professional photograph
- * Photos will not be returned
- Dance Skills - talented dancing, style, grace, crowd-pleasing
- Appearance - a neat and polished presentation, physically fit, confident, poised
- Showmanship - smile, eye contact, projection of positive support for the team
- Personality - outgoing, enthusiastic, professional, ability to be a “team player”
Are the Octane paid?
- Octane members are compensated in a variety of ways, through sponsorship, appearances and a graded bonus system depending on the number of games attended