|Now is your chance to become a part of Octane, the professional dance team for the Edmonton Oilers. You will help entertain more than 16,000 Oilers fans in Rexall Place and, in the community, support charities to help make Oil Country an even better place to live, work and play.
Octane has developed a great reputation in just two years of existence and we are looking for dynamic dancers and promotional Octane members to make the 2012-13 season our best yet! This is your chance to be part of the action.
What is a promotional Octane member?
- Fun yet mature and responsible
- Dedicated and reliable
- Positive and energetic
- Physically fit to meet the demands of rigorous practice and performance schedules
- Committed to be able to take part in most home games during the 2012-13 season in addition to community appearances
What are the time commitments?
- Must attend 20 to 30 home games – arrival time at the arena is 3 hours pre-game
- Practice 1 to 2 times a week plus additional fitness workouts
- Participate in a minimum of 2 community events or promotions monthly
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2012
- Cheer/Dance/Gymnastics experience is helpful but not required
- Must have reliable transportation to practices, games and appearances
Tryout Information (all events at TELUS Field - 10233 – 96 Ave.)
Information Session (optional)
- Wednesday, May 16, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Prep Class (optional)
- Wednesday, May 23, 7:00pm-9:00pm (Optional)
Registration and Practice
- Friday, May 25
- 6:00pm – 6:30pm: Registration
- Complete an application form and hand in a photo (current headshot)
- After 6:30 pm: Dance practice – candidates learn a short dance
- No judging will take place
- Please bring your own drinks and snacks
- Applicants for promotional leaders should identify themselves as such (they will not be required to dance).
- Saturday, May 26
- 10:30am: Registration
- Noon – 3:00pm: Perform routines in small groups for judges
- Judges deliberate for 30 minutes, and then decisions will be made
- Sunday, May 27
- By Appointment: Successful candidates will be interviewed
What should I wear to the auditions?
- Dance or workout attire
- Dance or running shoes
- Camera-ready hair and make-up
What are the Judges looking for?
- Dance Skills - talented dancing, style, grace, crowd-pleasing
- Appearance - a neat and polished presentation, physically fit, confident, poised
- Showmanship - smile, eye contact, projection of positive support for the team
- Personality - outgoing, enthusiastic, professional, ability to be a “team player”
Think you've got what it takes? CLICK HERE to fill out the application form.