Minor Hockey/Ringette Associations
Applications for the 2016-17 NHL season are now CLOSED.
The Edmonton Oilers proudly support minor hockey and ringette associations in Northern Alberta through 50/50 draws that take place during Edmonton Oilers home games.
Tickets are $5 each, three for $10 or 10 for $20 and can be purchased until the middle of the second intermission, with one lucky winner taking home 50 per cent of the pot! The other winners are the charitable organizations, minor hockey groups and the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation who benefit and help make our community a better place to live.
With the highest average 50/50 prize of all Canadian NHL teams, it takes a dedicated group of volunteers to make the program a success night after night. Each season, minor hockey and ringette associations in Northern Alberta have the opportunity to participate in the excitement!
To be eligible to participate in the Edmonton Oilers 50/50 program, minor hockey and ringette associations must:
- Be registered and in good standing with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission (AGLC) and must be eligible to receive gaming proceeds in accordance with AGLC policies,
- Be an active and engaged group focused on fundraising for your association,
- Be a willing and active partner with the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club in supporting community initiatives throughout the year,
- Supply between 57 to 60 volunteers for the allocated game night,
- Commit volunteers to approximately five hours, arriving 2.5 hours prior to the start of the game and working into the third period of play.
Prior to the beginning of the season, the Executive Director or Volunteer Coordinator of all selected associations will be invited to attend an information session where more details about the program will be provided.
Participating minor hockey and ringette associations will receive a donation in exchange for providing volunteers to sell the 50/50 tickets. Groups will receive a base pay of $6,000 PLUS a commission of 25 per cent over $100,000 total sales! The more your volunteer group sells, the more your charitable group will receive!
*These proceeds may only be used for programs currently approved for by Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
Please be advised that if your association opts to travel to and from Rogers Place as a group via bus and/or passenger vans, we will once again offer transportation reimbursement up to $1,500.
Due to the large number of applications each year, we are unable to provide status updates. All applicants will be contacted by August 5, 2016 to advise whether your association has been selected to participate in the Oilers 50/50 program during the 2016/17 season.
For more information, please contact Derek Fullerton at email@example.com.