The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation proudly supports registered charitable organizations in Northern Alberta through 50/50 draws that take place during Edmonton Oilers home games.
Tickets are $5 each, three for $10 or 10 for $20 and can be purchased until the middle of the second intermission. One lucky fan will take home 50 per cent of the pot, but the other winners are the charitable organizations, minor hockey groups and the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation who benefit and help make our community a better place to live.
If you’re a registered charity interested in participating in the 2016-17 season’s 50/50 program, please see the information below.
To be eligible to participate in the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation 50/50 program, charitable organizations MUST:
- Be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency and have a nine-digit BN Number that is followed by “RR0001”,
- Be registered and in good standing with the Alberta Liquor & Gaming Commission and eligible to receive gaming proceeds in accordance with AGLC policies,
- Focus programming on educational and/or health and wellness initiatives that support youth,
- Supply between 57 to 60 volunteers for the allocated game night,
- Commit volunteers to approximately five hours, arriving 2.5 hours prior to the start of the game and working into the third period of play.
Charitable organizations will receive a donation in exchange for providing volunteers to sell the 50/50 tickets. Groups will receive a base pay of $6,000, PLUS a commission of 25 per cent over $100,000 total sales! The more your volunteer group sells, the more your charitable group will receive!
*These proceeds may only be used for programs currently approved for by Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
Please be advised that if your association opts to travel to and from Rogers Place as a group via bus and/or passenger vans, we will once again offer transportation reimbursement up to $1,500.
2016-17 Application Information
The deadline to apply for the 2016-17 season is apply by Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:00PM MT To apply, please CLICK HERE.
Due to the large number of applications each year, we are unable to provide status updates. All applicants will be contacted by August 5, 2016 to advise whether your application has been accepted or not.
For more information, please contact Catherine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.