|SEATS FOR KIDS PRESENTED BY STANTEC
Through the generosity of individuals and businesses across Oil Country, the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation’s Seats for Kids program provides unused game tickets to registered charities that provide child and family services in the Edmonton area. These tickets allow many children to experience hockey at Rexall Place and, for many, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
In 2013-2014, the program provided an opportunity to attend Oilers hockey games through
the following charitable organizations:
Where do the tickets come from?
- ABC Head Start
- Alberta Association for the Dependent Handicapped
- Alberta Foster Parent Association
Association for Supported Community Connections
“Thank you very much for donating the tickets. It helps to strengthen my belief in humanity when a season ticket holder will offer a great night out to those who are unable to attend under normal circumstances and who already face untold challenge every day.”
“Neither my son nor his aid had ever seen a live game before so it was very exciting for both of them and greatly appreciated. Thank you again for making my son smile and expanding his world a little more.”
“Thank you very much for the tickets. One of our members and their mom were able to enjoy the game as a result. The opportunity to attend an Oilers game would not have been a possibility for this family without your generous donation.”
“Sincere thanks for the barrier-free tickets. My dear son is in a wheelchair and as a very poor single mom, this will be a first.”
- Battleford Boys & Girls Club
- Battleford Indian & Metis Friendship Center
- Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Red Deer & District
- Bosco Homes
- Boyle Street Community Services
- Boys & Girls Club of Leduc
- Boys & Girls Club of Strathcona County
- Boys & Girls Club of Wetaskiwin
- Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Red Deer & District
- CASA Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health
- Central Alberta Youth Unlimited
- Children First Family Services
- Children's Heart Society
- Children's Wish Foundation
- Chimo Youth Retreat
- Dickinsfield Amity House
- Edmonton Emergency Relief Services
- Edmonton Garrison Military Family Resource Centre
- Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society
- iHuman Youth Society
- Inner City Youth Development Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- KARA Family Resource Centre
- Kids Up Front
- Kids with Cancer Society
- KidSport Edmonton
- Make-A-Wish Northern Alberta
- McMan Youth & Family Services
- Mountain Plains Family Services
- MS Society of Canada - Edmonton
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre
- Oak Hill Foundation
- Paralympic Sports Association
- Pilgrims Hospice Society
- Ponoka and Recreation District Big Brothers and Big Sisters Society
- Renascence Homes
- Robin Hood Association
- Ronald McDonald House
- Special Olympics Alberta
- Sport Central Association
- Stollery Children's Hospital
- Terra Centre
- The Abbotsfield Youth Project Society
- The Community Association for Lasting Success
- The Cross Cancer Institute (Alberta Cancer Foundation)
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada
- The Rainbow Society of Alberta
- Uncles & Aunts at Large
- Wings of Providence
- WInnifred Stewart Association
- YMCA of Northern Alberta
- YWCA of Edmonton
- YOUCAN Youth Services
Any Oilers Season Seat Holder, Mini-Pack holder or casual ticket buyer can donate tickets to the Seats for Kids program a minimum of three business days prior to the game. If you would like to support the program but don't have tickets, you can earmark a financial donation to the EOCF to purchase tickets for this program.
How and where do I donate tickets?
Forward your tickets online through the Oilers Online Account Manager. Simply log in, select the ticket you would like to donate and click "Forward." Under "Choosing Forwarding Options," select "Donate Tickets to Charity." The EOCF will receive your tickets electronically via email and your original tickets will no longer be valid.
Can I receive a tax receipt for the tickets I donate?
The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation will issue a charitable tax receipt for the value of the tickets donated if they are received a minimum of three business days prior to the date of the game. This deadline is effective at noon, three business days before the game.
How do charitable organizations get tickets?
Charitable organizations must apply to participate in the Seats for Kids program and sign a ticket use agreement. Once selected, the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation contacts charities as tickets become available. Tickets are then picked up prior to the game at the Edmonton Oilers Head Office. Selected charities are asked to forward a thank you note for the ticket donor to the EOCF. If your registered children's charity is not listed above and you would like to become part of the Seats for Kids Program, you may submit an application form to the EOCF.
Are the tickets only for children?
At least half of the game tickets must be used by children aged 17 or younger. The remainder can be used by their family members, chaperones, or members of the charitable organization who are escorting the child or children to the game.