|SEATS FOR KIDS
Through the generosity of individuals and businesses across Oil Country, the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation’s Seats for Kids program provides unused game tickets to registered charities that provide child and family services in the Edmonton area. These tickets allow many children to experience hockey at Rexall Place and, for many, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
In 2014-2015, the program provided an opportunity to attend Oilers hockey games through
the following charitable organizations:
“Thank you very much for donating the tickets. It helps to strengthen my belief in humanity when a season ticket holder will offer a great night out to those who are unable to attend under normal circumstances and who already face untold challenge every day.”
“Neither my son nor his aid had ever seen a live game before so it was very exciting for both of them and greatly appreciated. Thank you again for making my son smile and expanding his world a little more.”
“Thank you very much for the tickets. One of our members and their mom were able to enjoy the game as a result. The opportunity to attend an Oilers game would not have been a possibility for this family without your generous donation.”
“Sincere thanks for the barrier-free tickets. My dear son is in a wheelchair and as a very poor single mom, this will be a first.”
- Abbottsfield Youth Project Society
- ABC Head Start
- Alberta Adaptabilities
- Alberta Association for the Dependent Handicapped
- Association for Supported Community Connections (ASCC)
- Battleford Food Bank
- Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Red Deer & District
- Big Brothers Big Sisters/Ponoka Youth Centre
- Bosco Homes
- Boyle Street Service Society
- Boys and Girls Club of Red Deer
- Boys and Girls Club of Strathcona County
- Boys and Girls Club of Wetaskiwin
- Boys and Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton and Area
- Capital Region Housing Foundation
- CASA Foundation
- Central Alberta Youth Unlimited
- Childhood Cancer Canada
- Children First Family Services Association
- Community Association for Lasting Success
- Cross Cancer Institute (Alberta Cancer Foundation)
- Dickinsfield Amity House
- Edmonton Emergency Relief Services Society
- Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society
- iHuman Youth Society
- Inner City High School
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kids Up Front Foundation
- Kids with Cancer Society
- Kidsport Edmonton
- Make-A-Wish-Northern Alberta
- McMan Youth & Family Services
- Mountain Plains Family Service Society
- MS Society
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre
- Oak Hill Foundation- Oak Hill Boys Ranch
- Paralympic Sports Association
- Renascence Homes Association
- Robin Hood Association
- Ronald McDonald House Northern Alberta
- Special Olympics Alberta
- Sport Central Association
- Terra Centre for Teen Parents
- The Children's Wish Foundation
- The Rainbow Society of Alberta
- Uncles & Aunts at Large (Edm. Area) Society
- YMCA of Northern Alberta
- YOUCAN Youth Services
- YWCA Edmonton
Where do the tickets come from?
Any Oilers Season Seat Holder, Power Pack holder or casual ticket buyer can donate tickets to the Seats for Kids program by noon, at least three days prior to the game. If you would like to support the program but don't have tickets, you can earmark a financial donation to the EOCF to purchase tickets for this program.
How and where do I donate tickets?
Forward your tickets online through the Oilers Account Manager. Simply log in, select the ticket you would like to donate and click "Forward." Under "Choosing Forwarding Options," select "Donate Tickets to Charity." The EOCF will receive your tickets electronically via email and your original tickets will no longer be valid.
Can I receive a tax receipt for the tickets I donate?
The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation will issue a charitable tax receipt for the value of the tickets donated if they are received a minimum of three business days prior to the date of the game. This deadline is effective at noon, three business days before the game.
How do charitable organizations get tickets?
Charitable organizations must apply to participate in the Seats for Kids program and sign a Ticket Use Agreement. Once selected, the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation contacts charities as tickets become available. Tickets are then picked up prior to the game at the Edmonton Oilers Head Office. Selected charities are asked to forward a thank you note for the ticket donor to the EOCF. If your registered children's charity is not listed above and you would like to become part of the Seats for Kids Program, you may submit an application form to the EOCF.
Are the tickets only for children?
At least half of the game tickets must be used by children aged 17 or younger. The remainder can be used by their family members, chaperones, or members of the charitable organization who are escorting the child or children to the game.