Become part of the Oilers Octane!
VIDEO: Information Session
Information Session Photos
The Edmonton Oilers are currently looking for Octane members for the 2011-12 season! Here is your chance to be a part of the action! REGISTER NOW
- Perform in the arena during Oiler home games as a member of the Octane
- Sign autographs and pose for pictures during the game
- Entertain and lift the spirits of the Edmonton Oilers fans at games and throughout Oil Country
- Travel locally, meeting fans and participating in many community events
- Model in the second annual Octane calendar
- Be pictured and have a bio on the Oilers Octane Website
- Educate fans and potential fans about the Edmonton Oilers
- Represent the Edmonton Oilers organization by actively supporting the values and goals of the club
- Participate in community events and volunteer activities
- Engage with fans through various media, corporate, community and charity events
- Maturity and responsibility
- Dedication and a strong desire to support the team and the organization
- A positive attitude and high energy level
- A flexible schedule to accommodate taking part in most regular-season home games from September to April in addition to community appearances
- Must be 18 years of age by October 1, 2011
- Must be a high school graduate as of September 1, 2011
- Cheer/Dance/Gymnastics experience is an asset
There are no height and weight requirements; however, we are looking for athletic girls in good physical condition. We recommend that all candidates maintain a regular exercise program.
- Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:00 - 8:00pm - Information Session - TELUS Field (10233 - 96 ave). An information session for all interested candidates to learn about expectations of time commitment, schedule, sponsors, dance styles, and more.
- Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:00 - 9:00pm - Audition Choreography - Shaw Conference Centre, Salons 8-12. Choreography for the audition dance will be taught during this session. All interested team members must attend; however, no judging will take place.
- Friday, August 19, 2011 4:00 - 9:00pm - Preliminary Auditions - Shaw Conference Centre, Riverview Room. All interested team members will be required to perform the audition routine in front of the judges.
- Saturday, August 20, 2011 - Personal Interviews - Edmonton Oilers Head Office (11230 - 110 Street). Those dancers who are selected from the day before will be scheduled for a professional one-on-one interview with the judges. Business attire is required.
- Sunday, August 21, 2011 1:00 - 4:00pm - Final Auditions - West Edmonton Mall, NewCap Stage. Finalists will audition in front of judges and a live audience.
What should I wear to the auditions?
- Dance or workout attire
- Dance or running shoes
- Camera-ready hair and make-up
- A recent headshot (doesn't have to be professionally taken, just any recent photo of you that shows your face)
- Snack/drink - water will be provided on site
- Do not bring any valuables with you
- Appearance - physically fit, confident, poised, and a neat and polished presentation
- Dance Skills - crowd-pleasing, grace, style
- Showmanship - smile, eye contact, projection of positive support for the team
- Personality - outgoing, enthusiastic, professional, ability to be a team player
- Octane practice two times per week plus several additional fitness practices per month
- Must participate in a minimum of 2 promotions per month
- Must attend 2/3 of all home games (approx 30 games) – arrival time at the arena is three hours pre-game and Octane must remain at the arena for 30 minutes post-game to sign autographs as required
- Octane members are not paid at games; however, they receive compensation through sponsorship (hair, make-up, clothing, footwear, tanning etc).
- New sponsors to be announced!