Job Posting: Oilers Digital Video Intern
This would be a four-month position from January through April with the possibility of extension.
- Edit features to be shown regularly on our online show.
- Shoot/edit visiting team on game days (pre-game & post-game).
- Cut and post Oilers highlights during games.
- Shoot/edit scoreboard features as needed.
- Manage digital inventory (archives, highlights, practice footage, etc).
- Weekly features of highlights, action on the ice.
- Shoot regular features and/or interviews for Oil Kings as required.
- Shoot and edit Oilers features as needed, including website & scoreboard.
- Shoot and edit visiting team pre-game interviews for home games.
- Shoot visiting team post-game interviews for home games.
- Index archives of highlights during games and put highlight clips on website as they happen.
- Assist with management of Oilers video inventory archive.
- Shoot/edit “Jack Facts” for scoreboard & other scoreboard features as needed.
- Begin compiling archive of highlights and clips and index them.
- Converting classic footage and archiving as needed.
- To be used as b-roll for pre-game show, features, etc.
- Shoot and edit video for Oil Kings.
- Must be knowledgeable about video editing techniques, equipment, and software, particularly Final Cut Pro.
- Must be familiar with graphic editing programs including Motion & Photoshop.
- Shooting experience. Using Sony EX1 cameras would be an asset.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Must know how to effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment.
- Must have a very good command of editing and storytelling.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to prioritize.