Team Orange defeats Team White 20-15 at the Edmonton Oilers Skills Competition powered by Reebok
Souray wins Hardest Shot, Visnovsky wins Most Accurate among other events
- Watch complete events & interviews from Sunday
- Mike Comrie's amazing goal
- Click here to view a photo gallery from the Edmonton Oilers Skills Competition, Powered by Reebok
“Today was just another example of how great our fans are and how fortunate we are to play hockey in Edmonton.”
Skills Competition Recap:
Puck Control Relay - Team
- PLAYER PREDICTIONS: Puck Control Relay
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the Puck Control Relay
- INTERVIEW: J-F Jacques after the event
Team White: J-F Jacques, Patrick O'Sullivan, Marc Pouliot
- Gilbert and Jacques were neck and neck as were Horcoff and O'Sullivan but it was Potulny who beat out Pouliot in the final stretch. The Pee-Wee's were up next and after the Orange skater lost the puck off the start, White had the clear win.
- SCORE: Orange 1 - White 1
Puck Control Relay - One-on-One
Team White: Mike Comrie
- Mike Comrie and Robert Nilsson battled in the one-on one. Tight race between the two but it was Mike Comrie who pulls in the extra point for team White.
- SCORE: Orange 1 - White 2
- PLAYER PREDICTIONS: Fastest Skater
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the Fastest Skater event
- INTERVIEW: Lubomir Visnovsky after the event
- INTERVIEW: Andrew Cogliano after the event
- INTERVIEW: Robert Nilsson after the event
Team White: Lubomir Visnovsky, Andrew Cogliano, Patrick O'Sullivan
- Nilsson times in at 14.2 seconds for team Orange, but Visnovsky beat him out at 13.9 for White. Grebeshkov comes around at 14.95 but Cogliano tops him with 14.15. Potulny gets around in 14.83 for Orange but again it was White's O'Sullivan who beat's his time. Visnovsky wins this one for White with 13.9 seconds. The overall average of all skaters also went to Team White so they pick up two points.
- SCORE: Orange 1 - White 4
Team White: Jason Strudwick, Lubomir Visnovsky, Dustin Penner, J-F Jacques
- Gilbert's hardest shot was 89 for Orange but Strudwick comes in at 93 for White. Potulny's best was 91 which was not enough for Visnovsky's 97 for White. Stortini comes up with a 91 while Penner's best was 97.5. Then comes Sheldon Souray, the champ from last year for Team Orange. He shoots 100 right off the bat but his best was 104.2. SMS equipment donated $100 for every MPH that Souray got to the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation who will then donate to the Stollery Children's Hospital. So White picks up a point for hardest team average and Souray gets the point for hardest overall shot.
- SCORE: Orange 2 - White 5
- PLAYER PREDICTIONS: Most Accurate Shot
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the Shooting Accuracy event
- INTERVIEW: Fernando Pisani after round 1
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the Accuracy Tiebreaker
- INTERVIEW: Tom Gilbert after the event
Team White: Dustin Penner, Jason Strudwick, Patrick O'Sullivan
- Pisani starts things off for Orange and hits 4 targets in 7 shots. Penner steps up and only gets 1 target out of 8. Gilbert gets 3 for 8 for Orange and Strudwick matched him. Potulny went 4 for 7 and O'Sullivan matched Potulny. Both teams are tied so we go to a tie-breaker. Pisani hits the top target in the first shot. O'Sullivan hit the post and Potulny missed so Pisani gets the extra point for team Orange and they also score on the best average overall.
- SCORE: Orange 4 - White 5
Team Orange: Shawn Horcoff, Ethan Moreau, Fernando Pisani vs. Jeff Deslauriers and Jason Strudwick.
Team White: Andrew Cogliano, Dustin Penner, Mike Comrie vs. Devan Dubnyk and Denis Grebeshkov
- Horcoff gets one goal in the time allowed for his Orange group. Team White could not find a way to get one past Devan Dubnyk in their time.
- SCORE: Orange 5 - White 5
Team Orange: Robert Nilsson, Zack Stortini, Denis Grebeshkov vs. Jeff Deslauriers and Jason Strudwick.
Team White: J-F Jacques, Patrick O'Sullivan, Marc Pouliot vs. Devan Dubnyk and Tom Gilbert.
- Grebeshkov picks up the lone goal for his Orange group in the second round taking the lead over White.
- Pouliot found a way to score and tie team Orange.
- SCORE: Orange 6 - White 6
King of the Shootout
- PLAYER PREDICTIONS: King of the Shootout
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the King of the Shootout event
- INTERVIEW: Ethan Moreau after the event
Team Orange: Robert Nilsson, Sheldon Souray, Ryan Potulny
Team White: Lubomir Visnovsky, Patrick O'Sullivan, Marc Pouliot
Team Orange: Shawn Horcoff, Fernando Pisani, Zack Stortini
Team White: Dustin Penner, Jason Strudwick, J-F Jacques
Team Orange: Ethan Moreau, Robert Nilsson, Tom Gilbert
Team White: Lubomir Visnovsky, Andrew Cogliano, Mike Comrie
- Deslauriers was beat by Sheldon Souray in the first round while Dubnyk was fooled by Visnovsky and O'Sullivan.
- Stortini got one by Deslauriers in the second round for Orange but Dubnyk shut the door on the White team.
- Ethan Moreau got two past Deslauriers in the third while Cogliano and Comrie found the back of the net for Team White. The score is tied at 11-11.
- SCORE: Orange 11 - White 11
- HIGHLIGHTS: Watch the 3-on-3 event
- Mike Comrie's amazing goal in the 3-on-3
- INTERVIEW: Zack Stortini after the event
- Pisani scored on the breakaway in the first few minutes for Team Orange. Cogliano answers back for the White side. Grebeshkov snags the puck and races down the ice and scores one for Orange.
- Souray nets another for Orange on the next shift to put his team up 14-12. He gets another goal on a funny bounce off Deslauriers shoulder making it 15-12 for Orange. Comrie gets a sweet one as he's sprawled on the ice. He passes with his left hand onto the tip of his stick to poke it in the net.
- White come up big with another quick one but Orange answered back. Cogliano added another one for White as they try to keep in this one being down by a pair. Moreau spoils it for White and chucks another past Deslauriers. Stortini and Souray add empty net goals putting Orange up by five to seal the deal.
- FINAL SCORE: Orange 20 - White 15