Weekend News Update
Gagner & Pisani injury updates, Gilbert talks about the break, MacTavish assesses the need for a call-up, Mathieu Garon talks about #33 Patrick Roy
The team has taken the time during the break to work on some systems and also rest up some nagging injuries. We spoke with a number of Oilers players as well as head coach Craig MacTavish on a variety of different topics from the current break to injury updates to jersey retirements.
- Fernando Pisani updates us on the status of his broken ankle.
- Head coach Craig MacTavish assesses the quarter pole of the season.
- Sam Gagner spoke to the media about his leg injury from practice on Friday.
- Tom Gilbert talks about the benefits of five days without a game.
- We spoke with Mathieu Garon about Patrick Roy's influence on goaltending and his career