Preview: Oilers at Calgary
Tonight’s game is the second game of a home-and-home series with Calgary as the Oilers lost 4-0 to the Flames at Rexall Place in Edmonton on Tuesday, September 30th.
Tonight’s game is the sixth of seven pre-season games for the Oilers in 2008 and the second of three road games Edmonton is 1-1-2 to date in the pre-season. The Oilers are 1-0-2 at home, 0-1-0 on the road, 1-2 in overtime and 1-2 in shootouts.
The Oilers opened the pre-season with four games in four nights last week. Edmonton opened the pre-season with a 4-3 shootout loss vs Vancouver at Rexall Place on Sept. 22nd, then fell 2-1 at Vancouver on Sept. 23rd before splitting back-to-back games versus Florida on Sept. 24th and 25th. The visiting Panthers took the first game of the series 3-2 in a shootout on Sept. 24th before the Oilers earned their first pre-season victory with a 3-2 shootout win on Sept. 25th.
Edmonton will play four different opponents during the 2008-09 pre-season. Five of the Oilers seven pre-season games feature Western Conference opponents, including four games against Northwest Division opponents, and two games against Eastern Conference teams.
Edmonton opens its 30th NHL season on Sunday, October 12th when they host the Colorado Avalanche at Rexall Place.
- Oct 3: Pre-game at Calgary - Rob Schremp
- Oct 3: Pre-game at Calgary - Taylor Chorney
- Oct 3: Pre-game at Calgary - Ethan Moreau
- Oct 3: Pre-game at Calgary - Steve MacIntyre
- Oct 3: Pre-game at Calgary - Craig MacTavish
- Pre-game comments from Ethan Moreau, Taylor Chorney, Rod Schremp, Steve MacIntyre & Craig MacTavish.