- Recorded a four game point streak (4A) Jan. 22-28
- Posted a three game point streak (6A) Mar. 26-30
- Registered a season high four point game (1G, 3A) Apr. 3 at CGY
- Appeared in 19 games with the Oilers AHL affiliate Oklahoma City Barons, posting 20 points (8G,12) and six penalty minutes.
- Named a finalist for the Calder Memorial Trophy (2011-12)
- Finished the season tied for 1st in NHL rookie scoring (2011-12)
- Finished 3rd on team scoring and 2nd in team assists(2011-12)
- Posted 11 multi-point games (2011-12)
- Played in his 1st career NHL game and scored his 1st career NHL goal (GTG) on Oct. 9 vs. PIT (2011-12)
- Registered his 1st career hat-trick on Oct. 15 vs. VAN (fastest EDM rookie to record a hat trick) (2011-12)
- Recorded 16 points in November and is one of only three Oilers to do so; others were Jari Kurri and Glen Anderson (2011-12)
- Posted five assists on Nov. 19 vs. CHI (1st rookie since John Tavares to record 5 points and 1st 18-year-old in NHL history to record 5 assists) (2011-12)
- Named to WHL East First All-Star Team (2010-11)
- Led his team in assists and points (2010-11)
- Tied for 3rd in the WHL in points and was 1st in the league in assists (2010-11)
- Finished T-4th in WHL Rookie points (2009-10)
- Named the Rookie of the Year in the WHL (2009-10)
- Represented Team Canada at the 2010 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament in which he served as an alternate captain on the team, and scored the game winning goal in the gold medal game against the United States. Nugent-Hopkins finished the tournament as Canada's leading scorer with five goals and two assists in five games.
- Talied six points (4G, 2A) in eight games with Canada at the 2012 World Hockey Championship
- Played for Team Canada at the 2013 World Junior Hockey Championship where he served as the captain and posted 15 points (4G, 11A) in six games.