|DRAFTED:||LAK: 2000-118 overall|
|Last Game: Feb. 3/09 vs Chicago (0-0-0, 0 PIM, E, 15:43)br>Los Angeles 4th choice, 118th overall, in 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
Career Oilers Stats: 50 GP 8-23-31 30 PIM
Career NHL Stats: 549 GP 78-232-310 244 PIM
Career Hat Tricks: 1 - Nov. 2, 2005 at Dallas (3 Goals)br>Career Penalty Shots: 0
Season Highs: Goals 1, 8x, Last -Jan. 30 vs MIN; Assists 2, 5x, Last - Dec. 28 vs NSH; Points 2, 10x, Last - Jan. 20 vs CBJ (1-1-2); PIM 4, Oct. 27 vs BOS (1st Oilers PIM)br>Multiple Games: Goals - 0; Assists - 5; Points - 10
Shootout Goals-Attemtps: 2008-09: 0-0; Career: 0-0
- Scored 8-23-31 with 30 PIM & was +6 in 50 GP.
- Placed on NHL IRL on Feb. 4 after suffering a right shoulder injury vs CHI (Feb. 3). Missed 31 games (Feb. 5-Apr. 10). Had surgery and missed the remainder of the season.
- Scored points (2-3-5) in 4 of 6 games (Jan. 18-Feb. 2) prior to injury.
- Had a two-game scoring streak (1-1-2; Jan. 30-Feb. 1) ended vs CHI (Feb. 1).
- Scored assist vs NSH (Feb 1) & netted 5th PPG vs MIN (Jan. 30).
- Had a two-game scoring streak (1-2-3; Jan. 18-20) ended vs BUF (Jan. 27).
- Assisted on 2 of Oilers last 3 GWG (Jan. 18-27) & scored 1-1-2 vs CBJ (Jan. 20) to register his team-leading 10th multiple point game.
- Scored 300th NHL point with assist vs Nashville (Dec. 28).
- Scored points (6-17-23) in 16 of 32 games (Nov. 18-Feb. 3).
- Had four-game scoring streak (0-7-7; Dec. 19-28) ended vs OTT (Dec. 30).
- Scored assist vs Anaheim (Dec. 19) & registered 3 consecutive multiple point games with 0-2-2 vs Phoenix (Dec. 22), at Vancouver (Dec. 26) & vs Nashville (Dec. 28).
- Scored GWG/PPG at Anaheim (Oct. 15) for 1st career Oilers goal & point.
- Made Oilers debut & played in 500th career NHL game vs Colorado (Oct. 12).
2007-08 HIGHLIGHTS: Scored 8-33-41 with 34 PIM in career-high 82 games with Los Angeles…led Kings defencemen in scoring for the third consecutive season & was sixth overall…one of four Kings to play in all 82 games…scored 200th career NHL assist at Philadelphia (Jan. 29) to become only the fourth Kings defenceman to eclipse the 200-assist mark (Rob Blake, Mark Hardy, Steve Duchesne)…scored five assists during a five-game assist & point scoring streak (Feb. 21 to Mar. 2)…played a season-high 28:07 at Columbus (Feb. 10)…was +4 vs. Chicago (Jan. 1)…registered a career-high 14 PIM at Anaheim (Mar. 26).
2006-07: Skated in the 2007 NHL All-Star Game & was named the Kings Outstanding Defenceman…set a career high with 18 goals and led all Kings defensemen in scoring for the 2nd consecutive season with 18-40-58 in 69 GP…also set careers highs for shots (159), shooting percentage (11.3) & time-on-ice average (24:27, led the team)…led the Kings & ranked 6th in the NHL with a powerplay time-on-ice average of 5:57…ranked 4th in the NHL among defencemen in goals (18) & tied for 8th in points (58) & powerplay points (8-25-33)…was 3rd in shooting percentage (11.3%)… finished 3rd on the Kings with 107 blocked shots…had one shootout goal (1-for-3, 33.3%)… played in 400th career Kings/NHL game vs. Chicago (Feb. 1/07) & scored his 200th career Kings/NHL point with an assist vs. Anaheim (Dec. 2/06).
2005-06: Became 1st defenceman to lead the Kings in scoring with career highs in assists & points (17-50-67)…named Kings MVP & Outstanding Defenceman…only defenceman in NHL to lead his team in scoring...was 4th in scoring & assists among league defencemen…led Kings in PP scoring with 10-31-41…had a career-high nine game scoring streak with 1-11-12 from Dec. 10-28…scored 1st career hat trick with three goals at Dallas (Nov. 2/05).
2004-05: Skated in native Slovakia during NHL lockout season & scored 13-25-38 for HC Slovan Bratislava…scored 2-10-12 in 14 playoff games to lead team to league championship.
2003-04: Selected as the Kings Outstanding Defenceman…scored 8-21-29 to finish 2nd in scoring among LA defencemen…scored 100th career point with an assist vs. Washington (Dec. 6/03).
2002-03: Third leading scorer among Kings blueliners with 8-16-24…played 200th career NHL game at Carolina (Mar. 15/03)…missed 25 games due to injury.
2001-02: Scored 4-17-21 to finished 4th in scoring among Kings defencemen...two of his four goals were GWG.
2000-01: Named to NHLs All-Rookie Team after scoring 7-32-39 in 81 GP to lead NHL freshmen blueliners in scoring…was 4th overall in NHL rookie scoring…was 2nd in assists & 3rd in plus/minus at +16…named Kings Best Newcomer by Los Angeles media…scored 1st career NHL goal at Phoenix on Oct. 28/00.
INTERNATIONAL: Played six seasons (1994-95 to 1999-00) with HC Slovan Bratislava prior to starting his NHL career with Los Angeles… scored 67-73-140 in 243 GP, most productive season saw him score 21-24-45 in 52 games in 1999-00, his final season before joining the Kings…has represented Slovakia a total of 15 times on the international stage, including three Olympic Games (1998, 2002 & 2006)…was member of Slovakian National Team at the 1996 & 2004 World Cup of Hockey, eight IIHF World Championships & two World Junior Championships…won gold medal at 2002 world championship, silver in 2000 & bronze in 2003 when he led defencemen in scoring with 4-8-12 in 9 GP.
BACKGROUND: Los Angeles’ 4th round choice, 118th overall, in 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
FIRST NHL GAME: Oct. 6, 2000 vs. Washington.
FIRST NHL GOAL: Oct. 28, 2000 vs. Phoenix.