|BIRTHPLACE:||Oswego, NY, USA|
|DRAFTED:||CAR: 1998-71 overall|
|Last Game: Mar. 3/09 at Nashville (1-1-2, 0 PIM, +2, 16:48)br>Career Oilers Stats: 63 GP 16-11-27 63 PIM
Career NHL Stats: 481 GP 145-162-307 469 PIM
Career Hat Tricks: 5; Last - Jan. 13/09 at WSH (3 Goals)br>Career Penalty Shots: 2-8; Last - Jan. 6/07 vs NYI (no goal)br>Season Highs: Goals - 3, Jan. 13 at WSH; Assists - 2, Dec. 28 vs NSH; Points - 3, 2x Last - Jan. 13 at WSH (3-0-3); PIM - 17, Oct. 25 at VAN
Multiple Games: Goals - 0; Assists - 1; Points - 3
Shootout Goals -Attempts: 2008-09 0-0; Career 1-5 (1 SDG)br>- Scored 16-11-27 with 63 PIM & is -3 in 63 GP.
- 3rd on Oilers in goals & leads Edmonton with 134 hits.
- Scored 1-1-2 at NSH (Mar. 3) for third multiple point game.
- Scored points (3-0-3) in 3 of 4 games (Feb. 17-24) & had a two-game goal scoring streak (2-0-2; Feb. 21-24) ended vs CBJ (Feb. 26).
- Scored goals at San Jose (PPG, Feb. 17), vs Calgary (Feb. 21) & vs TBL (Feb. 24)br>- Had 5 hits in two consecutive games (Feb. 19 at DAL & Feb. 17 at SJ).
- Had game-high 5 hits at STL. (Feb. 5).
- Scored 3 goals at WSH (Jan. 13) for his 1st Oilers hat trick & 5th of his career. It was the 159th hat trick in Oilers franchise history & first since Ryan Smyth's vs San Jose (Oct. 12, 2006).
- The third goal of the hat trick was his 300th career NHL point.
- Scored points (5-2-7) in 5 of 10 games (Jan. 7-30) & points (8-5-13) in 8 of 15 games (Dec. 28-Jan. 30).
- Had a two-game scoring streak (3-1-4; Jan. 11-13) ended at MIN (Jan. 15).
- Registered season-high 1-2-3 vs NSH (Dec. 28) for 1st MPG of season & scored 1-1-2 at CGY (Dec. 31).
- Named 1st star in return to Carolina (Nov. 1) as he had season-high 8 hits and 2 takeaways in Oilers 3-1 win. Also had 8 hits vs Calgary (Oct. 18).
- Scored 1st Oilers goal & registered 1st Oilers PIM at Calgary (Oct. 17).
- Assisted on Lubomir Visnovsky's GWG at Anaheim (Oct. 15) for 1st career Oilers point.
2007-08 HIGHLIGHTS: Completed his 6th NHL season with Carolina, scoring 22-29-51 with 76 PIM in 73 GP…was 3rd in goals & 6th in assists… his 22 goals marked his 3rd consecutive 20-goal season…10 of his goals came on the powerplay as he finished 2nd on the Hurricanes behind Eric Staal’s 14 PPG…added four game-winning goals & was tied for fifth on the Hurricanes with a +5 plus/minus ranking…a hard hitting forward, he led the Hurricanes in hits with 186 to finish 18th in the NHL & 11th among NHL forwards…had season-high 8 hits vs Washington (Mar. 25)…he ranked ninth in the NHL with 222 hits in 2005-06…registered career-high 19 PIM vs Minnesota (Mar. 6)…recorded 10 shots on goal at Florida (Nov. 12)…had 19 multiple point games, including three multiple goal games…missed nine games due to injury or illness.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: Carolina’s 3rd choice, 71st overall, in 1998 NHL Entry Draft…signed a three-year contract with Carolina on July 5, 2006…has scored 129-151-280 with 406 PIM in 418 career NHL games to rank 6th all-time on the Hurricanes scoring list & is 3rd in goals, SHG (7), 4th in PIM, 6th in assists & PPG (32) & 7th in GP…2006-07: Established career highs in assists & points with 29-32-61, finishing 4th on Carolina in goals & 5th in both assists & points…led the Hurricanes & was 9th in NHL with 222 hits…scored 100th NHL goal at Washington (Jan. 27)…scored 4th NHL hat trick vs Washington (Nov. 9)…2005-06: Despite missing the season’s final 22 games (Mar. 6-Apr. 16) due to a neck injury, he scored a career-high 30 goals & had 59 points in 60 GP…tied for 7th in NHL with 8 GWG…attempted five penalty shots, one short of the NHL record set by Detroit’s Ebbie Goodfellow in 1933-34…became 2nd player in NHL history to take a penalty shot in two consecutive games (Nov. 9-11)…1st player in NHL history to take two penalty shots in a game when he was awarded two penalty shots in 3rd period at Buffalo (Nov. 9), scoring on one of the two shots…suffered a compression fracture in a vertebra in his neck after being boarded by Brooks Orpik at Pittsburgh (Mar. 4)…member of Carolina’s Stanley Cup championship team, returning to the lineup for Game 6 of SCF vs Edmonton…2004:05: Named MVP of German League playoffs after leading Eisbaren Berlin to title..scored 5-1-6 in 8 playoff games…2003-04: 3rd in scoring for Hurricanes with 18-24-42, finishing 2nd on Carolina in goals, PIM (93) and shooting pct. (10.5%)…scored GWG at Columbus (Mar. 8) for 100th career NHL point…2002-03: Missed season’s final 29 after suffering a fractured left fibula at Tampa Bay (Jan. 30)…injury forced him to miss the 2003 YoungStars Game at the 2003 NHL All-Star Weekend…2001-02: Made his NHL debut with Carolina scoring 16-24-40 in 81 GP…4th in scoring among NHL rookies, 2nd in assists & 5th in goals…led all rookies & was 5th in NHL with 257 hits…scored 1st NHL goal versus Dwayne Roloson at Minnesota (Oct. 24)…recorded an assist for 1st point only 28 seconds into his NHL debut vs NY Rangers (Oct. 5)…advanced to Stanley Cup Final vs Detroit before falling in five games…scored 6-3-9 in NHL post-season debut to lead rookies in goals & points…established Carolina playoff records for fastest goal from the start of a game (25 seconds) & fastest two goals by one player (3:08)…2000-01: played first full pro season with Cincinnati Cyclones (IHL), finishing 8th in scoring with 23-20-43…1999-00: made pro debut with Cincinnati (IHL) following his junior season of college…scored 3-4-7 in 9 regular season games & 1-1-2 in 7 playoff games for Hurricanes’ top affiliate…COLLEGE: Played three seasons for Clarkson (ECAC), scoring a point-per-game over his career with the Golden Knights…named to ECAC first all-star team & NCAA East second All-American Team in 1998-99 as he led the ECAC in goals…named co-winner of the ECAC Rookie of the Year award in 1997-98…INTERNATIONAL: Has represented the United States at the 2006 Winter Olympics & the 2005 & 2007 IIHF World Championships.