HEIGHT: 6' 4"
BIRTHPLACE: Elk Point, AB, CAN
DRAFTED: NJD: 1994-71 overall
|Last Game: Apr. 11/09 @ Calgary (0-0-0, 0 PIM, E, 23:08)br /> New Jersey's 3rd choice, 71st overall, in 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
Career Oilers Stats:107 GP 26-37-63 134 PIM
Career NHL Stats: 613 GP 92-157-249 955 PIM
Career Hat Tricks: 1; December 3/03 vs Nashville (3 goals) - with Montreal
Career Penalty Shots: 0
Season Highs: Goals 2, Feb. 24 vs TBL; Assists 3 - Nov. 30 at DAL; Points 3, 2x, Last - Apr. 10 vs CGY (1-2-3); PIM 7, Jan. 15 at MIN
Multiple Games: Goals - 1; Assists - 3; Points - 11
Shootout Goals-Attempts: 2008-09: 0-0; Career: 1-2 (1 GDG)br /> - Scored 23-30-53 with 98 PIM & was +1 in 81 GP.
- Played in 100th career Oilers game at ANA (Mar. 27) & scored an assist.
- Finished 2nd on Oilers in scoring & was tied for 1st in goals
- Was 1st in PPG (12) & 5th in assists.
- 9th in scoring among NHL defencemen & was 2nd in goals & 2nd in PPG.
- Scored GWG and an assist vs VAN (Apr. 4) for 10th multiple point game.
- Played in his 600th career NHL game vs STL (Mar. 17) & scored his 20th goal of the season.
- It is the 2nd 20-goal season of his career & he is 3 goals shy of tying his career-high of 26 goals he scored with Montreal in 2006-07.
- Scored 1-2-3 vs CGY (Apr. 10) & 1-1-2 at COL (Mar. 19), vs COL (Mar. 14) & at MTL (Mar. 10).
- Played season-high 31:55 at LAK (Feb. 14).
- Had five-game scoring streak (3-3-6; Feb. 16-24) ended vs CBJ (Feb. 26).
- Scored two goals vs TBL (Feb. 24) for 1st multiple goal game & 7th multiple point game of season.
- Scored 150th career NHL assist vs Calgary (Feb. 21).
- Scored goals in 3 of 6 games (Feb. 5-16); at STL (Feb. 5), at MIN (Feb. 8) & at PHO (Feb. 16).
- Registered 100th career Oilers PIM at MIN (Feb. 8).
- Had career-high three-game goal scoring streak (3-0-3; Dec. 22-28) ended vs Ottawa (Dec. 30).
- Scored GWG in 3 of Oilers 4 wins between Dec. 22-Jan. 3 (Dec. 22 vs PHO, Dec. 26 at VAN & Jan. 3 vs DAL).
- Had 11 shots on goal (6 in 3rd period) vs Anaheim (Dec. 19), falling two shy of Oilers team record for most shots in a game.
- Scored assist vs Dallas (Dec. 3), season-high three assists at Dallas (Nov. 30) & goal at St. Louis (Nov. 29).
- Had a five-game scoring streak (3-3-6; Nov. 2-10) ended vs Toronto (Nov. 13).
- Played season-high 30:27 & scored assist at Columbus (Nov. 5).
- 2nd assist at Calgary (Oct. 17) was his 200th career NHL point.
- Registered 900th career NHL PIM vs Ottawa (Dec. 30/08; Holding).
- Scored 2-1-3 & was named 2nd star by HNIC at the NHL All-Star Game at Montreal (Jan. 25). It was his 3rd All-Star game appearance.
- Finished 3rd in the hardest shot competition (102.3 mph).
2007-08 HIGHLIGHTS: Scored 3-7-10 with 36 PIM and was -7 in 26 games during his first season with the Oilers…scored points in 10 of 26 games & was plus or even in 20 of 26 GP….saw limited playing time due to injury and missed a total of 55 games with a shoulder injury…was out of the lineup for 25 games (Oct. 18-Dec. 10) with a shoulder sprain & then missed another 30 games (Jan.3, Jan. 29-Apr. 1) with the same injury…underwent arthroscopic surgery on Feb. 8 & was out of the lineup for the remainder of the season…played in his first Oilers game in the season opener vs. San Jose (Oct. 4), scoring his first Oilers point with an assist & registering first PIM…netted first Oilers goal vs. Vancouver (Oct. 12)…led Oilers in ice time 15 times during the season, including a season-high 30:49 at Washington (Jan. 17).
2006-07: Enjoyed a record-setting season with Montreal, scoring 26-38-64 with 135 PIM in 81 games… established career-highs in games, goals, powerplay goals (19), assists, points and shots on goal (224)…his 26 goals topped all NHL defencemen and were the most scored in a season by a blueliner since Sergei Gonchar tallied 26 in 2001-02 with Washington…was 3rd in scoring among NHL blueliners…19 of his 26 goals came on the powerplay, setting an NHL record for most powerplay goals by a defenceman in one season..his 19th PPG came at NY Rangers (Apr. 5/07)…selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team (2nd All-Star appearance)… established Canadiens’ team record for most powerplay points by a defenceman (19-29-48)…became 5th defenceman in Montreal history to register at least 20 goals in a season…ranked 2nd in the NHL in power play goals (19) & 5th in powerplay points (48)...1st among NHL defencemen in goals (26), powerplay goals (19) and powerplay points (48).
2005-06: Tied Montreal record for the most goals scored by a defenseman (3) in one playoff series (done on 10 other occasions, last by Éric Desjardins against Los Angeles in 1993)…scored 21 powerplay points (7-14-21)…had a five-game point-scoring streak and two four-game point-scoring streaks…collected 11 points (5-6-11) in 16 games in March…scored three assists in his 400th career NHL game on Feb. 28/06…played for Team Canada at World Championships.
2003-04: One of the three finalists for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy… scored 15 goals…had a career-high six-point game (1-5-6) vs. Pittsburgh on Jan. 10/04…appeared in his first NHL All-Star Game, scoring one assist…runner-up for the Player of the Week award for the week ending January 11 (1-7-8 in 3 games)…scored 3 GWG & 4 GWA.
2002-03: Missed entire season due to a wrist injury.
2001-02: Missed 44 games due to a fractured wrist.
2000-01: Missed the first 29 games of the season due to a strained wall muscle injury… two of his three goals were GWG.
1998-99: Recorded two multi-point games Dec. 16 vs. NY Rangers (1-1-2) and Feb. 6 vs. Toronto (0-2-2).
1997-98: Posted a plus/minus of +18…First NHL goal was the game winner Dec. 16 vs. NY Rangers.
1996-97: Played in all Albany River Rats (AHL) playoff games (16), team leader in plus/minus (+9).
1995-96: Named to the WHL West 2nd All-Star team…Joined the Calder Cup champion Albany River Rats at the end of the regular season.
BACKGROUND: New Jersey Devils' 3rd round choice (71st overall) in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
FIRST NHL GAME: Oct. 3, 1997 vs. Tampa Bay.
FIRST NHL GOAL: Dec. 16, 1998 vs. NY Rangers.