• In 2013-14, Fiala scored 10 goals and 25 points in 27 games with HV 71 in Sweden’s Under-20 league and recorded 11 points (3-8—11) in 17 games with the club’s senior team in the Swedish Hockey League.
• In 2014, Fiala represented Switzerland at the World Junior Championship in Sweden, the Under-18 World Championship in Finland and the World Championship in Belarus. He is one of just three players to participate in all three events in the same year, joining Andrei Kostitsyn and Vadim Karagan who both accomplished the feat with Belarus in 2003.
• At age 17, Fiala was the youngest member of Team Switzerland by three years at the 2014 World Championship in Belarus, registering three assists in seven games and recording a team high plus-3 rating.
• He was also the youngest player on Team Switzerland at the 2014 World Junior Championship, leading the club with five points (1-4—5) in five games and led the Swiss with nine points (4-5—9) in five games at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship.
• Fiala’s father, Jan, a long-time junior coach in Switzerland has coached Kevin throughout his entire youth hockey career.
• He speaks four languages: Czech, English, German and some Swedish.
NHL player: Sidney Crosby, Jaromir Jagr