North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||U. of Wisconsin, WCHA
||6 July 1990
||Kelowna, BC, CAN
- Was second among defensemen in the 2008 Interior Conference playoffs with eight points (3-5--8) in 11 games.
- Finished second in scoring among defensemen in the Interior Conference with 40 points (9-31--40) and was named as the Conference's Top Defenseman in 2008.
- Will attend the University of Wisconsin in the fall of 2009.
- His cousin, Pittsburgh Penguins' Kris Beech, was drafted seventh overall by the Washington Capitals in 1999.
- Patterns his game after Anaheim's Scott Niedermayer and credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career, "he coached me throughout minor hockey and taught me a lot".
- His first hockey team was the Westside Initiation Sharks and he spent 11 years playing minor hockey for Westside before making the jump to the BCHL.
- His most memorable hockey moment was playing in the 2008 CJAHL Top Prospect Game in Winkler, Manitoba and his most embarrassing hockey moment is scoring on his own net.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Scott Niedermayer, Bobby Orr and Sidney Crosby, they all are or were top players in the League.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is "Let the rain fall down" by Hillary Duff and if he wasn't playing hockey he would be on the PGA tour.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL Player: Anaheim's Scott Niedermayer
Shootout move: "Crosby's fake shot, backhand shelf"
Goal celebration: "one hand in air"
Practice Drill: 2-on-2
Video Game: Guitar Hero III
TV Show: King of Queens
Actor: Adam Sandler
Groups: Finger Eleven and Nickelback
Book: Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Pump-up song: "Welcome to Rainbow" by Basshunter
Food to cook: Macaroni
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Going to the movies
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: American Eagle
Place to visit: Edmonton