- Finished third on his team in defensive scoring with 23 points (7-16--23) in 2007-08.
- Represented Canada at the 2008 IIHF Under-18 World Championships.
- Was a member of Team Canada at the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial in August, 2007 and represented Team British Columbia at the 2007 Winter Games – Team B.C. lost to Team Alberta and Pats’ teammate Jordan Eberle, finishing fourth.
- Was the first overall selection in the 2005 Bantam Draft and played one more season at home in B.C., suiting up for the South West Hawks in Major Midget for the 2005-06 season, before joining the Pats as a 16-year-old.
- Prior to being drafted into the WHL he played for the Semiahmoo Ravens Bantam AAA team where he had 26 goals, 26 assists and 166 penalty minutes in sixty-five games in 2004-05 – he was a member of the Semiahmoo Ravens Minor Hockey Association from 1995-2005.
- Credits his dad for having the most influence on his career – “he’s always been there to push me to become a better player”.
- Has three brothers, Kaid, Teran and Wyatt and he lists former NHLer Ray Ferrao as one of his favorite minor hockey coaches.
- If he could have dinner with any three people he would choose: WWF Wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin – “when I was a kid he was a superstar”, Harison Ford – “he’s my favorite actor” and Chris Pronger – “he is an amazing defenseman”.
- If he wasn’t playing hockey he would become a personal trainer.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL Player: Los Angeles’ Rob Blake
Shootout move: “The Getzlaf”
Goal celebration: “Go crazy”
Video Game: Halo 2
Movie: Miami Vice
TV Show: Lost
Actor: Harrison Ford
Book: “Whom the Gods Would Destroy” by Richard Powell
Pump-up song: “The Rose of Sharyn” by Killswitch Engage
Food to cook: Pizza
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Football games with friends