• Reinhart led Kootenay with 105 points (36-69—105) in 60 games during the 2013-14 season, tying for fourth overall in the Western Hockey League with Leon Draisaitl (No. 4-ranked North American Skater) of the Prince Albert Raiders. He also led his team with 23 points in 13 playoff games (6-17—23), advancing three rounds before Kootenay fell to the Portland Winterhawks in the Western Conference Championship.
• He was named the 2013-14 Player of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year at the annual WHL Awards.
• Hockey runs in the Reinhart family. Sam’s brother, Max, was taken by the Calgary Flames in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft, while his brother, Griffin, was selected in the first round (fourth overall) by the New York Islanders in 2012. Their father, Paul, was selected in the first round (12th overall) by the Atlanta Flames in 1979 and played 11 NHL seasons with the Flames and Vancouver Canucks. Sam played alongside Max with the WHL’s Kootenay Ice (in 2010-11 and 2011-12) and with Griffin on Team Canada at the 2014 World Junior Championship.
• Reinhart captained Canada’s gold medal-winning teams at both the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial (3-5—8 in five games) and the 2013 Under-18 World Championship (3-4—7 in seven games).
• In his WHL rookie season of 2011-12, Reinhart was the second-leading scorer for Kootenay (28-34—62), earning the WHL’s Rookie of the Year award. In 2012-13, his second full season with the Ice, Reinhart led the team in scoring (35-50—85) and was named to the WHL Second All-Star Team.
• He wears jersey No. 23, the same number that his father wore in the NHL.
LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON FOR REINHARTS (click here)
REINHART POISED TO BECOME THIRD BROTHER DRAFTED (click here)
“Backhand, forehand, deke”
Sport (other than hockey):