• He was third among Western Hockey League defensemen in the 2013 playoffs with 15 points (5-10--15) in 21 games as Portland captured the WHL championship, earning a trip to the 2013 Memorial Cup.
• In 2012-13, Jones led all Western Hockey League rookie defensemen with 56 points (14-42--56) and a plus-46 rating in 61 games, helping Portland lead the league with 57 wins (57-12-1-2). He was named WHL Rookie of the Year and CHL Top Prospect of the Year for his outstanding season.
• A three-time gold medalist, Jones captured gold as the youngest member of Team USA at the 2013 World Junior Championship, recording seven points (1-6--7) and a plus-8 rating. In 2012, he captained the Under-18 team to gold at the World Championship (he also won in 2011), finishing second in team scoring with eight points (3-5--8).
• He is the son of former NBA player, Ronald “Popeye” Jones, who played 11 seasons with Dallas, Toronto, Boston, Denver, Washington and Golden State and served as an assistant coach of the Brooklyn Nets in 2012-13. His younger brother, Caleb, also a defenseman, was selected by Portland in the 2012 WHL Bantam Draft.
• He started skating at six when he became a fan of the Colorado Avalanche. His first hockey team was the Littleton Hawks Squirt AA and he split his minor hockey between Colorado and Dallas.
• A little-known fact is that his first name is Jared: “I go by my middle name, Seth, because I liked it better when I was younger.”
LIKELY TOP PICK JONES PROJECTS AS COMPLETE PACKAGE (click here)
KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES (click here)
Detroit Red Wings
“Backhand, forehand, quick top shelf shot”
“Stick in air”
: MLB 2K12
Law Abiding Citizen
Gerard Butler & Denzel Washington
Clarity by Zedd
Sport (other than hockey):
Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes, Toast